Vegan Iced Caramel Latte Recipe
If you’ve ever had a sweet, caramel-y iced latte and thought that nothing could make it better, well, you might have been wrong. It turns out that, sometimes, it’s a good idea to go vegan for one very simple, agreeable reason: it tastes better!
By swapping out regular milk with coconut milk (and the whipped cream with whipped coconut cream!) we give this drink a flavor boost, an even creamier texture, and an excuse for the doctor: it’s healthier than the non-vegan version!
Or, at least, that’s what we’re gonna aim for in this recipe. Besides cutting down on dairy for all those who are intolerant, we’ll also be cutting down on added sugars as much as possible because drinking coffee responsibly makes it taste better.
So, let’s take a look at our ingredients:
- 1 double espresso shot
- ¼ cup coconut milk. Has to be canned and full fat.
- ¼ cup cashew milk. If not available, use more coconut milk.
- 3 teaspoons caramel sauce. Look for one that’s vegan and low in calories if possible.
- Powdered or liquid stevia.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Ice cubes
It’s quite simple, as you can see. Now, before we get on with the instructions, there are a couple of things that have to be prepared.
First, the canned milk must be cold. Store it in the freezer for a few hours before you start making this recipe; this part is very important, because it allows the cream to harden and separate from the water. This is how we make the whipped cream.
Second, pull your espresso shot and set it aside. Best not to store in the freezer since this can affect the aroma, so pull the shot about 10 to 20 minutes before you’re ready to start to allow it to cool down to room temperature.
And now we can start!
- Take canned milk out of the fridge. Flip it over quickly and set it on the kitchen table. Open the can, and scoop out about half of the cream.
- Add powdered stevia and beat the cream until it thickens considerably.
- In a blender, combine milk, coffee, 2 tablespoons caramel syrup, vanilla extract, and powdered stevia.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour ice cubes into a glass of your choice. Then, pour coffee in that same glass over the ice cubes.
- Add whipped cream on top.
- Drizzle with leftover caramel syrup.
About Blog Post Author
Maker’s Coffee blog writers consist of highly experienced and talented professionals dedicated to producing quality content that is interesting and informative regarding all things coffee.
Leave us a Comment
Specialty Coffee MarketplaceShop for fresh roasted Specialty Coffee delivered direct from our award winning roasters.
Sloth Serum Organic Medium RoastStarting at $17.95
Colombian El Jardin NaturalStarting at $20.95
Nutty Anteater Medium Dark RoastStarting at $17.95
Ethiopia Durato BombeStarting at $24.00
Capybara Crema Medium Espresso BlendStarting at $19.95
Espresso Crema DolceStarting at $18.00
Costa Rica Las Lajas Red HoneyStarting at $17.95
Ethiopian Yigacheffe Farm DirectStarting at $25.00
Dark Roast BlendStarting at $17.00
Durango Espresso BlendStarting at $15.20
Maker's Coffee Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest info about sales, news, updates and more.