Baratza Forté-BG Flat Steel Burr Commercial Coffee Grinder
The Forté BG (Brew Grinder) was the 2013 Winner for “Best New Product, Commercial” at the Specialty Coffee Association Expo. This machine is the high-quality commercial grinder that coffee shops insist on using. If you are thinking about opening a café or wondering what to purchase for your own busy shop, well this easy to use machine is the one for you.
This versatile high daily capacity (5lbs per day) grinder will fit all your needs from espresso to French Press, and has everything you need; easy to use multi-function touchscreen, grind-by-weight functions, built in electric scale for accurate weight grinding and a 10 oz. bean hopper to hold your specialty coffee beans.
The 54mm flat steel burrs are engineered to be accurate and to give the precision you need and expect in a high-quality commercial grinder. The accuracy of the burr allows you to have control of macro and micro adjustments. The macro-adjustment has 10 distinct and repeatable settings from fine to course and a second micro-adjust that can divide each of the 10 macro steps into 26 settings. These adjustments allow you to dial in the perfect grind for the brewing method of your choice.
The Forté BG is engineered for greatness and Barista’s and café owners are ordering multiple units for their busy locations. The small footprint allows you to line these units up and load each machine with different specialty coffee. This streamlines the flow of the bar and allows for staff to manage their work load a lot easier. It also allows your patrons to see this amazing grinder in action.
Functions & Features
- Dose by weight or time.
- Dose-by-weight accuracy to plus or minus .2 gram.
- Touch activation wakes screen with LED backlit technology.
- Touch screen controls all operations and has 3 programmable dose presets.
- 54 mm steel burrs produce accurate and consistent grind for a variety of manual and small batch brews.
- Steel burrs specifically designed to reduce fines and enhance flavor.
- Broad range of grind and narrow particle distribution.
- Metal macro and micro adjustment system for quality feel.
- Macro and micro adjustments for fine tuning the grind.
- Macro adjustments move from fine to coarse with 10 different settings.
- Secondary micro adjustments allow for 26 additional grind steps for fine tuning.
- Hopper holds 300g of coffee.
- Bean shutoff feature for no-mess, no-hassle hopper removal.
- Calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind.
- Burrs can be calibrated simply using the special calibration tool included with the grinder.
- Burrs can be easily removed for cleaning using the included cast zinc tool.
- Includes Grounds Bin
Model Number: 1086
Hopper Material: Smoked Plastic
Burr Diameter: 54mm Steel
Grind Range: 230 – 1150 microns
Steps of Adjustment: 10 macro ×
Fine-tune Adjustment: 26 micro = 260
Speed to Grind: 1.2g/sec.—2.1g/sec.
Hopper Capacity: 10 ounces (285 g)
Grounds Bin Capacity: 6 oz (170g)
Power Specifications: 100-120VAC 50/60 Hz, 130W
No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.1 x 14.2 Inches
Product Weight: 13 lbs.
Limited Warranty: 1 Year or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first.
Support & Resources
Product User Manual: Operating Manual PDF
Quick Reference Guide: Quick Reference PDF
Baratza Forte BG Overview same video above
Baratza warranty & product support: provided by Baratza