Baratza Vario Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder
This grinder is known for bringing the very best flavor out of your beans and into your cup. The Vario flat burr grinder is very dependable and is made from professional grade materials. This machine is well suited for the home, office or small cafe setting.
This user-friendly machine gives you a wide range of uses. It has 3 programmable buttons and 230 distinct grind adjustments to choose from – macro to micro, so you can save your favorite setting. This grinder has a range of uses and can be used for espresso and manual brewing methods. The LED display and bold print on the machine make it easy to use so you can dial in the precise grind size you’re looking for. High-quality professional grade ceramic flat burrs give you the perfect grind for the accuracy you need in each dose.
Functions & Features
- 54 mm professional ceramic flat burrs for precise grinding.
- Burrs remain sharp twice as long as the highest quality steel burrs.
- Grinds 1.6 grams/second for Espresso and 2.2 grams/second for Press.
- Broad range of grind settings (230 microns – 1150 microns)
- Front mounted control panel with LED display.
- 3 programmable buttons to allow grind time setting to within 0.1 second (about 0.2 gram).
- Simple START button automatically delivers accurate dosing.
- Macro and micro adjustments for fine tuning the grind.
- Macro adjustments move from fine to coarse with 10 different settings.
- Secondary micro adjustments allow for 23 additional grind steps for fine tuning.
- Minimizes ground coffee remaining in the grinder.
- Exceptional for both espresso and manual brewing methods.
- Powerful high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs.
- Motor turns slowly resulting in cool and quiet operation for long grinding cycles.
- Circuitry equipped with automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind.
- Burrs can be calibrated simply using the special calibration tool included with the grinder.
- Includes heavy-duty Metal PortaHolder and a 180g grounds bin.
- Burrs easily removable without tools for easy cleaning.
Model Number: 886
Hopper Material: Smoked Plastic
Burr Diameter: 54mm Ceramic
Grind Range: 230 – 1150 microns
Steps of Adjustment: 10 macro ×
Fine-tune Adjustment: 23 micro = 230
Speed to Grind: 1.6g/sec.—2.2g/sec.
Hopper Capacity: 8 ounces (230 g)
Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3 oz (180g)
Power Specifications: 100-120VAC 50/60 Hz, 130W
Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.1 x 14.2 Inches
Product Weight: 10.5 lbs.
Limited Warranty: 1 Year
Support & Resources
Product User Manual: Operating Manual PDF
Quick Reference Guide: Quick Reference PDF
Baratza Vario Overview same video above
Baratza warranty & product support: provided by Baratza