Rancilio Classe 5 ST Commercial Espresso Machine – 1 Group
The Rancilio Classe 5 ST is a contemporary and efficient commercial espresso machine that stands out in a class of its own. This machine is sleek and modern with ergonomic features. This semi-automatic machine features a single boiler and manual dosing. Includes pour-over 2 liter water reservoir and drain basin. It’s an easy to use machine and perfect for small cafes, restaurants, and catering events.
Functions & Features
- 2 liter pour over reservoir and drain basin.
- Operating Interface – Switch with manual dosing.
- Adjustable feet
- Steady Brew – Brass brewing group
- C-Lever Steam – Ergonomically designed handle for steam – two positions (pulse steam or steam fully on)
- Steam wand
- Hot water wand
- Grid System – Scratch-proof polymer drain inserts. Dishwasher safe – easily removable.
- Ergo Filter holder – Designed for continue use.
- Hydro Hub – Internal module organizing all main hydraulic connections.
ST 1 Group
- Size: 16” W x 21” D x 21” H
- Weight: 77 lbs.
- Boiler – 4 Liter
- Voltage – 110v
- Element – 1600 Watt
- Amperage – 20 Amps
- Max Cup Height 3 inches
Classe 5 ST Options
- Colors: Anthracite Black / Ice White
Limited Warranty: 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Support & Resources
Product User Manual:
Water Quality Statement & Warranty Information
WATER QUALITY STATEMENT
The main ingredient in your coffee is water; and comprises over 90% of your beverage. Correct water treatment will ensure good flavor, and also helps prolong your machine’s life. While brewing/extraction, oils, minerals, salts, and sugars are extracted into your water, which alters its flavor.
Each water source has various minerals, chemicals, and compounds due to geographic and municipal variables. it’s recommended to test your water thoroughly. This helps determine the best maintenance schedule for your water filtration. Changes in water due to treatment from municipalities are not monitored by Maker’s Coffee Company or Rancilio Group. Damage caused by inadequately treated water will void the manufacturer’s warranty on the machine.
Water Factors for Equipment:
Factors that affect your machine most significantly are Calcium Carbonate and Chlorides. Calcium Carbonate is a dissolved mineral that settles inside a machine as scale and is measured as water hardness. faster scale buildup is caused by higher levels of water hardness. Scale causes clogging of orifices and blocks sensors from functioning properly.
Chlorides will bond with electrons in the metals of an espresso machine, and can produce salts that may alter the flavor of espresso. This exchange of ions may cause corrosion of the metals inside a machine.
Filtration Quick Guide:
Filtration may be installed directly inline before a machine or part of a larger water management system. If installing a machine in a building’s water management system, ensure the water hardness, TDS, pH, and chloride levels are within recommended parameters. An additional inline system may be required to compensate for limitations in the building’s water management system.
NOTE: Having a water softener only is inadequate in most applications.
Water passes through granular carbon-retaining compounds which impart odor and taste.
Attracts ions to its membrane by Introducing desirable compounds like sodium and removing unwanted mineral components.
Forces water into a semi-permeable membrane to remove larger particles, ions, and molecules. Removes dissolved and suspended particulate in water, including bacteria. It’s recommended to use a blend valve to introduce optimum levels of minerals to obtain target Total Dissolved Solids (90-110 ppm).
Filter Cartridge Exchange:
(dependent on use, water quality, and manufacturer recommendation)
Depending on the filter manufacturer and type (carbon, ion, membrane), flow rate may drop, which may affect water pressure to the machine. Refer to your filtration manufacturer for details regarding recommended filtration replacement schedule. Changing filters on a regular basis helps prolong the life of equipment and maintains the quality of your machine.
Water parameters must remain between 2-3 GPG or manufacturer warranty will be voided. A dedicated water softener/filter is required for all Rancilio machines. Water parameters must be maintained in accordance with the water quality statement. It is highly recommended to add a water filter system to your order. Perform recommended filter changes to maintain warranty. Replacement filter schedule depends on water hardness and quantity of drinks made.
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) – 30-150 ppm (parts per million)
- Total Hardness – 2-3 gpg (grains per million)
- pH – 6-8
- Chloride – 0 ppm (parts per million)
- Chloramine – 0 ppm (parts per million)
- Silica – <5 ppm (parts per million)
- Flowrate of water into machine – 0.5 gpm (gallon per minute)
Water Softener Option
Rancilio Water Filter System
- Flow rate: 0.5 gpm (1.9 lpm).
- Hardness Capacity (based on 9 gpg) 1204 gallons.
- Scale, chloramines, chlorine taste & odor reduction.
- Hardness test kit included to allow proper blend setting.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC).
- Encapsulated cartridge design allows fast and easy cartridge change-outs.
- Connections included.